Silicon Labs Extends Award-Winning xG22 Platform
Silicon Labs announced the launch of the EFM32PG22 (PG22) 32-bit microcontroller unit (MCU), a low-cost, high-performance solution with an industry-leading combination of energy efficiency, performance and security. With easy-to-use, cost-efficient analog capabilities, the PG22 MCU is ideally suited for rapid development of consumer and industrial applications with demanding size constraints and low-power operation requirements.
“Market demand for high-volume, low-powered IoT products continues to grow at a rapid rate,” said Matt Saunders, vice president of IoT at Silicon Labs. “PG22 is an optimized 32-bit MCU, at a price point typically associated with the 8-bit MCU market, providing form factor and code compatibility with its wireless counterparts.”
PG22 offers best-in-class 32-bit MCU performance through a unique mix of product features including:
- Ultra-low-power – 27 µA/MHz Active and 1.1 µA EM2 with 8k RAM retention
- Arm® Cortex®-M33 core running at 76.8 MHz
- 64k / 128k / 256k / 512k Flash options with 32k RAM
- Compact package options – 5 mm x 5 mm QFN40 (26 GPIO) or 4 mm x 4 mm QFN32 (18 GPIO)
- Best-in-class device security including secure boot with Root of Trust and Secure Loader (RTSL)
- Wide range of peripherals such as 16-bit ADC, PDM, built-in sleep crystal and temp sensor
PG22 is pin- and software-compatible with the award winning EFR32xG22 wireless SoCs (BG22, MG22 and FG22), allowing designers to leverage a scalable embedded platform to simplify product development and help drive cost efficiency. Offering 100 percent form factor and code alignment with xG22 SoCs, developers can take advantage of application sharing and a drop-in upgrade path to Bluetooth Low Energy (LE), Zigbee or Proprietary (2.4 GHz) wireless connectivity.
For more information visit the page dedicated to EFM32™ PG22 32-bit Microcontrollers (MCUs)
SOURCE Silicon Labs