As a Moxa partner, we are glad to share with you this new opportunity.
Industrial IoT on a Shoestring Budget.
Enter to qualify for a UC-2100, qbee software package, and either an ioLogik E1242 or ADtek sensor!
Industrial IoT Projects Should be Easy, Fast, and Scalable – And Cost-effective
Moxa’s IIoT offering is built on two core beliefs:
- IIoT projects can only be successful if the first results are achieved quickly, with limited effort
- Successful projects must be designed with the ultimate goal in mind: a large-scale roll-out
The key to successful IIoT projects is picking the right components for hardware, software, and services.
Moxa has a great hardware toolbox for IIoT projects. This led them to wonder: What would be the most cost-effective IIoT system that could be built without sacrificing reliability, security, automation, and ease of use for customers? Here is their optimal IIoT system on a shoestring budget:
Running a reliable and cost-effective IIoT infrastructure in its most simple form consists of picking two vital components:
The IIoT gateway: preferably it is a small, but super reliable, IIoT gateway from a vendor that maintains the product for a very long time, ideally 10 years or more
The device management platform: a reliable and scalable IIoT device management platform managed by a team dedicated to nothing but managing this platform
With open technologies like Linux OS, Python, MQTT, and Modbus, the IIoT platform becomes “software-agnostic”, meaning it’s easy to change, replace, and update the software at the edge just like it is easy on the cloud – for 5, 10, or more years.
Would you like the opportunity to test this IIoT system in your application? Apply Now!
Such as Moxa’s UC-2101-LX Arm-based computer
- 1.3 million hours of mean time between failures (MTBF)
- Moxa Industrial Linux with 10-year lifecycle support (including security patches)
- 5 years warranty
Reliable and Scalable Device Management Platform
Such as the secure IoT Device Management and VPN for Embedded Linux by qbee.io
- Embedded Linux device management
- Remote control IoT fleets with VPN
- OTA software updates, option for CI/CD
Pre-integrated Sensor Hardware
Such as a PLC or sensor
- How about an ioLogik E1242 – universal controller and I/O from Moxa, or
- An ADTek power meter with sensor
Cost-effective Edge Software
GitHub is a great starting point
- A simple, open-source, and easy-to-adapt Python script
- Modbus interface for local data acquisition
- MQTT cloud interface
Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD)
Automated software deployment via GitHub actions and the qbee platform to all connected and selected IIoT gateways.
- Option 1: Automated CI/CD for Python scripts (available on GitHub)
- Option 2: Automated CI/CD for docker containers (planned)
Your Chance to Try It Out
Test an IIoT System in Your Application
Moxa has packages consisting of a Moxa UC-2101, ADTek power meter OR Moxa ioLogik E1242, AND a qbee device management account.
Pick the DIY Version
Do-It-Yourself – You can set up qbee on the gateway device yourself.
Pick the ZTP Version
Zero Touch Provisioning – You can let Moxa do it for you, just like Moxa’s IIoT Service Partners would do it for you at scale.
To learn more about Terms & Conditions click here